Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update on the status of Maris' kitchen

So, I went to Michael's today. For those of you who don't know what Michael's is, it is an amazing craft store where you can get anything and everything. I used to tease my friend Kathleen that she was SUCH a first grade teacher (she actually is a first grade teacher, but that isn't really where I was going with that...), but then I walked in there and it was like everything was right in my life.

Anyway, moral of the story is- I walked into Michael's today and went kind of nuts. I didn't grab a basket because I thought I was only getting one or two things, but the next thing I knew, my arms were overflowing with stuff I had madly grabbed off the shelves.

The best purchase I made today was something I've been wanting forever- a Candy Thermometer (AWESOME!) This is good for measuring the temperature of liquids and what can best be called a melted solid (think chocolates, etc). I'm excited to use it to make bread (i.e. heat the water to 110 degrees... who knows how hot 110 degrees actually is?? Well, now I DO!) and to try to make some candy, etc.

Keep an eye out for a really cool recipe that was the original purpose of my Michael's trip, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment